Flu season is here and it’s ugly. It’s important to stay healthy so you can fully enjoy your adventure. A few simple preventative measures could make all the difference between being sick in bed or out and about:
- Wash your hands. Any time you’re planning to eat, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before digging into your meal. Carry a mini hand sanitizer container in your purse or on your key ring in case you don’t have access to soap and water on-the-go.
- Wear a Face Mask. It's important to protect yourself from germs and bacteria, especially during flu seasons. BFE95 Face Masks filter 95% of bacteria and 90% of sub-micron particles in the air, which help lower your chances in getting sick!
- Sleep, sleep, sleep. Doctors recommend 7-8 hours of sleep per night for the average adult, and this is especially true for when you travel. It can be difficult, especially if you have trouble falling asleep in new places, but the more you rest, the better your chances of fighting off sickness. Try bringing a blanket or pillow from home to help assimilate your senses.
- Fuel up! Stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables if they’re available, and avoid fast food whenever possible. Snacking on items like nuts or yogurt throughout the day is a good way to keep your metabolism going without worrying about spending too much.
- Hydrate. Last but certainly not least, drink plenty of water! Water flushes out toxins, helps with decongestion and enhances overall wellness. Purchase a portable drinking container from your local grocery store and fill up with water throughout the day.
We hope these simple but effective tips help to keep you healthy! If you have any other tips you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below!